Sushi for beginners

Monday, February 13, 2006

Of....erm....worms!!

After wondering, pondering and fretting over what might be wrong with Yumna my cleaning lady told me, “My, look at her stomach, she has worms, I tell you.”
Right!
I paid no heed.
Yumna got worse. No eating, not even taking milk. I tried to force her and she’d throw up. And of course the insistent cleaning lady.
So I took her to her doctor and asked her opinion. After doing a checkup and asking a few questions, like whether she was restless during the night….y-es; and whether she had any nappy rashes….well, she develops rashes real quickly but always take action as soon as I see any hint of rashes so I don’t let those develop…but yeah, she seems prone to rashes.
I was given medication for her. For intestinal worms as well as better digestion! But….worms? according to her doctor, all yumna had to do was come in contact with some other kid who had worms and….! So that means ……what? How am I supposed to make sure the kids she meets in my living area, parks, malls….. don’t have intestinal worms?! Whoa!
Sure enough, I gave her the one time medicine for worms at night and in the morning, after she passed stool, her stomach size was back to normal and she was even hungry!!
Her appetite is not what it used to be but I know it will take time….and I am trying to be patient…. Playing train, ring o ring o roses etc…. what ever it takes to pass her time!!
But……..worms?!?!

3 Comments:

  • Welcome back.

    Awww... hope yumna's feeling better now. And worms? Besides the fact that they do exist, i know nothing about em.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:56 PM  

  • glad to have you back.
    i'm sorry about yumna and the worms. who would've thought?? i'm glad she's already doing better.

    By Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess, at 10:15 PM  

  • the woman: thanx....she is feelin much better now....and her old appetite is comin back..... :)

    amtgeekgrl: thanx :)

    By Blogger Rambler, at 12:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home