Sushi for beginners

Friday, November 18, 2005

Murphy.

Where do I start? Do I start from when I started suspecting there was something wrong- something threatening, about my daughter’s pet cat? Or do I start from when I had definite proof that the cat was trouble? Do I talk about the aura of evil that the big Tom emancipated? Or do I write about how the mice he killed were sucked dry rather than ripped open, the way it is normally done. Am I blabbing? I’m sorry, but I’m scared witless. Vampire cat? I believe this is much much worse than that. I’m alone in the room, with Sophia, of course. Sophia, my daughter. The room is locked. I have a Smith and Wesson with me but I’m a poor shot. I also have a baseball bat and a hockey stick. I’m hoping it does not come down to that. Stephen King’s Pet Cemetery keeps coming to my mind. It’s only me and my daughter. No. This can not be happening to me. No.

We got Murphy three months ago. We named him Murphy for the lack of better options. Sophia didn’t want to name him Tom. She always feels sorry for Tom. She said it would either be Murphy or Jerry…. But I’m slipping away from the topic at hand.

When I look back and think, I believe it was Murphy who chose us, rather than us choosing him. He purred at Sophia’s feet, licked and tried and failed to act all modest, charming and irresistible. Then again seeing as Sophia wanted him despite my reluctance, maybe he didn’t. As we had gotten into the car, I believe he shot me a look- a look to say he won round one. At that time I thought it was my imagination. Now I believe it wasn’t

I have, at occasions also felt that maybe there really is black magic and maybe what’s inside Murphy is not a cat’s soul. I believe it is the influence of Child’s Play. Chucky, Murphy. Evil- Murphy is evil. And this is no Pet Cemetery or Child’s Play. This is real life. And I am an educated mother with a respectable job. I am also a widow. I also think Murphy had something to do with my husband’s death. A hunch. A very strong hunch. But again, I am getting ahead of myself.


Do I continue or do I just give up? As i did last time, and the time before that, and.... sigh! And I cant seem to think up a name for this... any ideas?

4 Comments:

  • OMG, here I was believing it, until the last paragraph or two. I think you should go with this. But I have a soft spot for tales of horror :)

    Vampire Cat isn't a bad working title. Or something about black cats and bad luck?

    By Blogger Running2Ks, at 10:55 AM  

  • Agree with ninotchka... keep it going and the name will come to you.

    Yes, you have to keep the vibe going. Grin.

    By Blogger Asha, at 11:36 PM  

  • R2k: :) i was thinking in more...ummm...exotic terms as far as the name is concerned... may by Murphy sans mercy or something... :-/

    ninotchka: thank u for visiting :)

    the woman: what can i say :-p

    By Blogger Rambler, at 11:55 AM  

  • Hi,

    When ever I surf on web I come to this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]Lots of good information here sushi4beginners.blogspot.com. Let me tell you one thing guys, some time we really forget to pay attention towards our health. Let me present you with one fact here. Research points that nearly 70% of all United States grownups are either fat or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Hence if you're one of these individuals, you're not alone. Infact many among us need to lose 10 to 20 lbs once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now the question is how you are planning to have quick weight loss? [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss[/url] is not like piece of cake. If you improve some of your daily diet habbits then, its like piece of cake to quickly lose weight.

    About me: I am author of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health trainer who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under difficult training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for fast weight loss.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home