Sushi for beginners

Sunday, December 04, 2005

I have been away for a few weeks now. I missed the blog. But it could not be helped .Lets see now, I’ve been busy. Very busy- being ill! After a bout of high fever and asthmatic cough right after Ramadan- I was afflicted by general weakness. Only, the vertigos seemed to last forever and my backache prevented me from sitting on hard surfaces!! My lower back was in bad bad shape. Of course the fast that I looked like someone who was in her last days goes without saying. My skin has gone real bad!!

I have been taking vitamins, calcium and iron for the past few weeks and have had calcium and multivitamins injected! My doc advised me not to get iron injected because that is supposed to really painful and I am weak as it is!!

Yumna is now on bottled milk! It could not be helped. My appetite had all gone and she wanted a lot of milk. One of the reasons for my weakness was this.

I have improved, yes. The back ache is there- but only a small percentage of it. I have started eating well again- and I have been suppressing the anorexic in me that keeps warning me I’m gaining weight! It doesn’t matter- it doesn’t matter- it doesn’t… lol! That is what it has been like for me!

It was so bad at one stage that I went and stayed with mom for a week. That is an amazing thing about moms, no? They are always there for you. No matter how old you get! Thanks, mom. Love you. :)

7 Comments:

  • Welcome back. I am so sorry that things have been so rough lately. I have missed you. I hope you recover quickly.

    By Blogger Running2Ks, at 9:39 PM  

  • Thanx :) At least I can now sit to workon my pc!! My family has been a great support!

    By Blogger Rambler, at 9:48 PM  

  • Me missed you too. Glad you're back. So yumna baby is on the bottle... how old is she now?

    By Blogger Asha, at 10:12 PM  

  • HEY!
    That does sound bad. Hpe u recover soon. MOi as stuck as ever with my work. FOund time to check wats happening. Gota go now.
    keep in touch.

    By Blogger BlackEmpress, at 11:33 PM  

  • Sorry you were feeling so bad - but welcome back! I'm glad you had your family to support you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:50 AM  

  • the woman: Yumna is now one and a half. In all honestly I had planned on slowly getting her off milk from this age. But my conditioned forced me to accelerate the process.

    blackempress: i tried to sms u when i was in one of my better forms. seems there's something wrong with my cell now. I can't seem to send sms anymore. sigh. i am better now but had a few tests done. the reports were *not* encouraging!!

    miriam: thank u :) i dont know what i wud've done without my brothers as doting uncles to Yumna or my parents...and my husband- whose always there for me. :)

    By Blogger Rambler, at 9:44 PM  

  • oh my! sorry to hear you were so sick. hope you are doing much better now.

    so is yumna weaned now or have you started producing milk again? how did all of that go with her?

    By Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess, at 7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home