Sushi for beginners

Monday, November 14, 2005

A Woman is like a wave. When she feels loved her self esteem rises and falls in a wave motion. When she is feeling really good, she will reach a peak, but then suddenly her mood may change and her wave crashes down. The crash is temporary. After she reaches bottom suddenly her mood will shift and she will again feel good about herself. Automatically her wave begins to rise back up.
When a woman’s wave rises she feels she has an abundance of love to give, but when it falls she feels her inner emptiness and needs to be filled up with love. This time of bottoming out is a time for emotional housecleaning.
If she has suppressed any negative feelings or denied herself in order to be more loving on the upswing of her wave, then on the downswing she begins to experience these negative feelings and unfulfilled needs. During this down time she especially needs to talk about problems and be heard and understood.

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, by John gray


This struck too close to home! Which is why I felt the need to share. I’ve often felt, to have a happy relationship with husband and family, love is simply not enough. Money plays a role too, as does understanding each other’s nature and feelings. By money, I certainly do not mean there should be an abundance of it- but there should be enough to make the ends meet- comfortably! To understand each other as an individual as well as a woman/man is of ultimate importance. Reading John Gray not only gave me an insight to what kind of nature men have and how it is different from ours’; it also helped me towards a greater understanding of my nature, my mood swings and feelings.

7 Comments:

  • I like the use of the phrase "emotional housecleaning" because it reminds us that we need to maintain ourselves.

    By Blogger Running2Ks, at 8:57 AM  

  • we do, dont we :)
    *s|gH* no comment on the new changes in my blog :( *sN|fF* :p

    By Blogger Rambler, at 1:11 PM  

  • Changes are good. What matters most is your writings.

    I liked it. Sheesh... talk about waves.. I think I'm one helluva tsunami. Hehe.

    Ps: Any link will be appreciated. Thank you.

    By Blogger Asha, at 5:11 PM  

  • *gR|n* then u'd make a good studying material for psychologists :p:p

    By Blogger Rambler, at 11:11 PM  

  • Hey there

    Baby Iman is turning 2 in April.
    Hmm your name blog writer sounds unique.
    Reminds me of my dad's old and bulky typewriter..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:28 PM  

  • a-hem. well, that's courtesy to my hubby who created this blog for me. Where as i had given him the blog name i had forgotten abt my pen name :-/ he figured blog writer was a pen name as good as any, and i cud alwez change it if i wanted...and somehow i've never gotten around to changing it.... sigh!

    By Blogger Rambler, at 10:32 PM  

  • Great read, cause the temperants of a woman are totally amazing at times. Trust I run the rainbow.... but that's what we woman are here to do, add color to all those grey moods of men... *wink*

    Thanks for the read...

    Passing Thru
    Bk Babe

    By Blogger brooklyn babe, at 10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home