Sushi for beginners

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Pride? Or looking for a man?

I recently wrote a poem I thought reflected me a bit- at least what sort of a person I used to be. A bit is all. Pride- That was what my poem was about really. How we let false pride stop us from getting what we care about. How stubborn we at times get. How we will refuse help, encouragement, support - things we secretly crave; all because of pride.
I believe I changed a lot after my marriage. Mellowed a bit. More gentle, less stubborn. Fiery? Not any more- although the occasional tantrum may surface...
Ah....got off the track. The poem, which I thought was about pride- recieved a comment which politely guided me to a- ahem- dating site!! Oh well, never did say I was a poet. Communication gap? Or maybe the comment was just a part of a scam..... see here for the poem.

3 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:09 PM  

  • Hoo boy. I can honestly say I have never had a poem direct me to a dating site, LOL!

    Your poetry is always powerful, full of emotion.

    By Blogger Running2Ks, at 7:28 AM  

  • Ah well.... i did wonder how desperate I sounded! LOL

    By Blogger Rambler, at 11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home