Sushi for beginners

Monday, August 01, 2005

Hogwarts & All That Jazzzzzzzzzzz (PS DO NOT read it if u haven't read the latest potter bk!!)

The Potter mania had always eluded me. One would say age has something to do with it, but not really. Had age ever stopped me from laughing at friends when ice cream spills on their shirt, or watching ‘The Mask’ or ‘Scooby Doo’ cartoons entranced or the like, I might’ve told myself Harry Potter is supposed to be for kids. Since this is not the case, I believe I’ve read better books. Now, after reading the latest arrival in the Potter series I consider myself to have been converted into one of those millions of fans all over the world.
The series seems to be getting better by the book. That is seldom the case with writers. The sequels are mostly disappointing. Harry Potter, in my opinion, has never been better.
For one, I’m glad Snape is a villain- never did like that man. [;)] The drama has heightened; the flair of story telling is there; and the characters are at their best.
What I do not like is Rowling getting Dumbledore killed. Sirius Black was killed in the last book- what is this woman doing?! She can’t go on killing the good guys…! I happened to like Dumbledore! *sgH* whatever happened to the good old fashioned storyline of no good guys really dying? Taking in fifty bullets and still fighting- couldn’t they take in fifty curses and still fight?
Hey, Hagrid survived the curses- why not Dumbledore? And oh yeah, what about Horcruxes- maybe Albus Dumbledore had made a horcrux Ms Rowling doesn’t know about? He was a great wizard after all.
See, I’ve got ideas- great many of them. They’d make a great book. If Ms Rowling wants to correspond, I can find time in my busy schedule to fit her. Here’s my contact number…..

8 Comments:

  • Glad you joined the club :)

    By Blogger Running2Ks, at 7:29 AM  

  • thanx :)

    By Blogger Rambler, at 12:46 PM  

  • i started reading this entry thinking it was just going to be about whether or not you read the HP books and why. i had no idea you were going to talk about what happened in the latest book (there was no warning: spoilers ahead, etc.). :( i haven't read the book yet, and i stopped reading your entry as soon as i saw who got killed (doh!), but i'm seriously bummed that you didn't warn those of us who haven't read the book yet that you were going to discuss what happens in the book.

    By Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess, at 4:50 PM  

  • i just reread my post and realize i sound pretty pissed. i don't want to come across that way. i'm bummed that i found out who dies, but i don't hate ya or anything. ;oP just wanted to clarify. no hard feelings.

    By Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess, at 9:49 PM  

  • i am *so* sorry :( i do remember warning a blogger not to read this post since she hadn't read bks 4-6.... but it never did occur to me to give a general warning :(

    PS: if it's any consolation I knew who had died and by whom before i read the bk... i still enjoyed every page :)

    By Blogger Rambler, at 12:28 AM  

  • jodygeekboy here, amy's hubby... just following up on these lil harry potter things. =oP

    I'm thinking, while I don't like Snape, that everyone is misplacing blame on him. Remember at the beginning that Snape took the oath to protect Draco and complete his task if failed, so I Snape was just acting on a magical compulsion to complete the task before him. I think dumble knew and thats why he pleaded, he knew that Snape would have to complete the task.

    So... I think we will see some changes in action of Snape next time around, some attempts at redemption. Unfortunately nobody knew other than Dumbledore about Snape's oath and true loyalty. Oh that next book is gonna be good.

    By Blogger Jody, at 5:24 PM  

  • You have to kill someone - the ultimate evil magic - in order to create a horcrux, so I doubt DD did that. However, I do believe his portrait will continue to give guidance to Harry and the new headmaster - hopefully Minerva McGonagal.

    By Blogger Admin, at 8:03 AM  

  • but he wont be going back to Hogwarts remember? and...cudn't he have killed a death eater or some bad guy?!?
    oh...and Snape did *so* know what he was doing... making the promise was up to him when he knew what the task was... he cud've found a way round it... and good guys wud die rather than kill an innocent... !!!
    there are so many ppl she cud have killed...noo... she goes off and kills DD!!

    PS ignore me when i get started like that :p i even stop listening to reason :p

    By Blogger Rambler, at 10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home