Sushi for beginners

Sunday, June 26, 2005

DoWn wItH otHeR m0mS

My little princess had not yet given me trouble with her diet. I heard other mothers talk about their kids and how they wouldn't eat and would gloat to myself. not for long it seems- for, since the past three or four days she doesn't seem to be hungry! Now I am one of those frustated moms who try everything they can- but to no avail.

Okay, she's never said no to fries. She loves fries- I go make fries.
"Honey- look what we have here... mmmmm tasty!"
Yumna emphatically shakes her head 'no'- a trick she's recently learnt.
"sweetcakes...please, just one..."okay that worked...so far so good. Now that it's in her mouth she'll realise how she likes it and...another emphatic shake!
Gosh honey, no need to get so literal when I said 'just one'!!

I'm on my knees in front of my only child- who just turned one last week and all she does is say no!
Apple? No!
Banana....Gosh, you love banana...why, on our Pakistan tour you ate bananas like.... okay, okay! Point taken!Mango...errr...okay! We'll give it a rest!

Porridge... yeah! This just might work.
Honey, look what we have here... hey! she likes it...cool!wow! two spoons....and now the thir...!
Honey..please; look you used to love it didn't you?
A shake of her head! sigh.

Do other moms really have to spend their days trying to get their lil ones to eat? Sigh!
Adios! I need my rest after all that work!

8 Comments:

  • Good luck, it is hard. My kids eat like truckers, but if they are ill, too hot, or teething, it could interfere. I hope the little one chows down soon!

    By Blogger Running2Ks, at 5:28 PM  

  • Thats wat u get for all the trouble u gave ur mom :P

    By Blogger BlackEmpress, at 11:44 PM  

  • consider yourself tagged :)

    http://crunchydomesticgoddess.blogspot.com/2005/07/my-very-first-meme.html

    By Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess, at 10:35 PM  

  • Hehe...the only thing i can say welcome to the pure essencse of parenthood.....

    By Blogger Tazeen Mohsin, at 9:16 PM  

  • Welcome back to the blog world--thanks for visiting me again today.

    By Blogger Running2Ks, at 7:13 AM  

  • Unless my kids are actually sick, I pretty much just put food in front of them and if they don't eat, oh well. They seem to go through stages . . . for a week or so they'll have two hollow legs and then for a while they'll eat almost nothing.

    I figure as long as they're being offered a variety of healthy foods and getting enough fluids, it will all balance out in the end.

    By Blogger purple_kangaroo, at 11:34 PM  

  • I do the same thing - just offer it and don't worry about it. Sometimes they seem to eat a cracker, and go for days without anything else. It's the ebb and flow of kids.

    My two year old has learned what it means when I say, "I'll be happy to give you some cheese, when you finish the applesauce you asked for." If she's not really hungry, she'll nurse that applesauce most of the day. When she's finally done, she'll walk in, little bowl in hand, and declare, "ALL DONE! Cheeeeese peeeeeeeese!"

    By Blogger C, at 6:37 AM  

  • I can not be that choosy it seems... if she likes cheese....she gets cheese... I'm just thankful she's taking in some high calorie food... she needs to gain wieght too.
    Thankfully she is back to her old eating pattern so I'm much more relaxed. Now I only have to worry abt her gaining wieght... she was 2.2 kg when she was born... *s|gH*
    Christine... i really like your technique... wish my mom had thought of it when she put the plate of food rich in iron and told me to finish it off.... it would take me the whole day...npot eating anything besides...and NO incentive!!!!

    By Blogger Rambler, at 10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home